RAMADAN UL MUBARAK 1437 (2016)
Sehri & Iftar Timetable - Click to Download
(To save file Right Click and Select Save as Target)
ISHA & KHATME TARAWI @ 10.50PM.
LATE NIGHT KHATME TARAWI @ 12:15AM
* EID JAMAT: 1ST Jamat 9:00am, 2ND Jamat 10:30am
*** All Islamic dates and festivals are subject to the sighting of the moon.
Sunnah of fasting• Taking of the pre-dawn meal (Suhoor)
• Delaying Suhoor is a Sunnah
• Hastening in Iftar; breaking the fast as soon as the sun sets
• Breaking the fast before praying Salaat al-Maghrib
• The virtues of Dua at the time of Iftar; supplications at the time of Iftar will not be rejected
• Refraining from actions that do not befit the fasting
• Being generous and studying the Qur’an as much as possible
• Striving to perform as many acts of worship as possible in the last 10 days of Ramadan.
Merits of performing night prayer – Tarawi The Prophet (SAW) has regarded the Tarawi prayer as a means of the forgiveness of sins; he has said “The one who observes the Tarawi prayer at night during Ramadan with complete faith and devotion, only for the sake of the recompense of the akhirat (hereafter) will have all his previous sins forgiven by Allah (SWT).
Welcome to the New Website
Welcome to the Ipswich Mosque.
Assalamu Alaikum, brothers and sister we are in the process of updating the website. During the update process some content may not be available. We endeavour to get everything up and running as soon as possible.
Jazzak Allah for your help.
Purchase of new Building
We have now secured the purchase of next door building
Dear Brothers and Sisters, We would like to share some good news with everyone. As some you may be aware that we were in the process in purchasing the 3 end buidlings...Read More
Masjid Do's and Don't's
Islam made the Masjid the heartbeat of the Muslim society.
It is the hangout of Muslims where they meet one another daily not to perform the prayers only but also for other acts of worship and activities that are beneficial for the Muslim community.
The prophet (S.A.W.) taught us that the Masajid are Allah's houses and that they have etiquette and rules that should be learned and upheld by every Muslim. We should teach our families and children these rules and remind other Muslims to uphold these rules. This guarantees the Masajid play their roles properly and effectively that they were designed for.
Every individual Muslim on his own and on the behalf of those he maintains, is under the obligation to give Zakat-ul-Fitr to the poor before Eid.
Jama'at time for
Wednesday 25 May 2016
|Sunrise Today 4.47|
- Welcome to the website of the Ipswich & Suffolk Bangladeshi Muslim Community Centre and Mosque.
- This building, which once served as a Victorian Fire Station, could only accommodate 70 people. Hence, in 1994, we purchased a Portacabin to increase capacity, but before long it began to overflow on Fridays and during Ramadan and Eid.
- Ipswich Mosque is open for all of the five daily prayers. It can accommodate over 400 people. Children's and adult's classes run by our head Imam and teachers.
- Female only classes every Saturday - contact Mosque for further information.
- The Ipswich Mosque needs your help to raise money to extend the prayer facilities.
- Make a secure donation via PayPal - Donate Now
- Religious Advice and Counselling, Marriage Solemnisation , Funeral (Janazah) and more We also have a book shop where you can purchase Quran, Islamic books, Attar (perfumes) and much more.